It may surprise you when I say that it’s OK to get sick, or it’s OK to get colds or flu. When you consider them exercise for your immune system to build bigger, more specific & stronger antibodies — that’s a healthy attitude.
What isn’t healthy is if the cold lasts more than a week, or you get sick more than once a year. That should be a wake-up call to take stock of what your health practices really are.
Building a strong immune system isn’t rocket science. Deep down, I believe most of us know what we should do, but I’m not certain we have enough reasons to make the positive changes that will get us there. First off, there is no such thing as a magic bullet. The immune system is a network of interlocking cells, tissues, and organs that have specific requirements for their individual health, which if met, lead to system-wide health, and resistance to infection.
While there are a myriad of reasons for adopting each of the following, I’ll just list what I found most fascinating.
- Don’t smoke. Smoking likely puts into effect a vicious cycle of artery damage, clotting and increased risk of stroke, causing mental decline, writes medical microbiologist researcher, A. Ott, M.D.
- Eat a diet high in fruits and vegetables. Two servings of fruit and 8 of vegetables are rich in phytonutrients, fiber, vitamins and minerals. Just for starters that gives you a 33% reduced risk of stroke, & 31% reduction in premature death. The American Journal of Public Health (2016) found that when you increase your fruit and vegetable intake you are happier! A serving of vegetables is ½ cup.
- Supplement to fill in the gaps. Probiotics are good bacteria that help you digest nutrients that boost the detoxification of your colon and support your immune system. Pair with pre-biotic powder to increase their size & number.
- Vitamin D3 deficiency presents 11times the risk for colds and flu. Lancet, May 20, 2020
- A good multivitamin with vitamin C, E, A, & folic acid + zinc, copper & selenium all contribute to immune health. Fish oil provides anti-oxidant properties & is anti-inflammatory. Shaklee Vitalizer Strip covers all these essential nutrients.
- Exercise boosts the immune system. may prevent weight gain, reduces stress and anxiety, improves sleep, and is a proven mood-builder. It’s a winner!
No supplement will cure or prevent disease, including COVID-19, but good quality, nature inspired & science proven supplements will build & strengthen your body. Healthy gut, healthy lungs, healthy immune system all contribute to a healthy body. Take action to “health” yourself!